Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter discard
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Beat together the room temperature butter and both the brown sugar and white granulated sugar.
- Add in the egg and mix to combine.
- Stir in the sourdough starter and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir until just combined, do not over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the baking mats about 2-3" apart. I use a cookie scoop that is about 2 to 3 Tablespoons of dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are starting to turn golden and the tops are set.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling all the way.