2013 In Review
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? I hired a personal trainer! For what it's worth, I totally see why people do it and I think she was worth every penny....under normal circumstances. Unfortunately for me, I have adrenal fatigue and should NOT have been pushing myself so hard so it ended up backfiring. Anyone who has been thinking about taking a class/hiring a personal trainer; I say go for it!
2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I always resolve to try and eat healthier and exercise more. And I do a little bit better every year. (Same old, same old)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Sadly, no. A lot of cousins have had babies, but none that we see often. Thank goodness we get to enjoy their cuteness via Facebook.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank you, Lord.
5. What countries did you visit? Nada. Actually, we didn't take any trips at all this year. Just not a great year for it. Hoping to make up for that in 2014.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Better health. x10.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 2nd. The wedding date of my sweet sister and brother-in-law.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning to let go. Coming face to face with my type-A personality and my all-or-nothing attitude.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not only did I not lose those last 10 pounds, but I overdid it working out, burned out my adrenals, and gained 10 more!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major this year, thank the Lord! I have been battling with adrenal fatigue, a sluggish thyroid, and all the loveliness that entails.
11. What was the best thing you bought? We built a shed under the deck for more storage space. Also, we both leased new cars.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Ben, again this year. Three years in a row! He continues to step it up in leading our family, spending time with the boys, growing spiritually, and striving to be the best husband he can be.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? There had been so. much. family drama this year. So much. It's truly depressing.
14. Where did most of your money go? See number 11!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My sister, Chelsea, is married! And she continues to work hard in school so I'm really excited for her and what lies ahead. Also, Ben just announced that he's selling his business. We are so excited for this new phase and hope it brings him peace and more family time.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? This is Amazing Grace by Phil Whickam. LOVE that song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier. We see a light at the end of the tunnel that was Ben's business. It was hard on all of us.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. :(
iii. richer or poorer? The same, I guess. We had a lot of big expenses this year so we weren't able to really get ahead as much as we'd liked, but we are doing okay!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Resting. Not stressing. Taking my health more seriously.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Electronic entertainment.
20. How will you be spending the Winter? Planning my garden, scrapbooking, and lots and lots of rest.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013? Same loves as always.
23. What was your favorite month of 2013? July, I think? Ben's brother took some time off work, and we got to do a lot of fun stuff with the Nolen family. City Museum, Lincoln Museum, Purina Farms, Shaw Gardens, etc.
24. What was your favorite TV program? We watched significantly less tv this year. We enjoyed most of My Name is Earl and now totally LOVE Brooklyn nine-nine. Funny, funny show.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope. Not a hater, such a waste of time.
26. What was the best book you read? Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Such an amazing book.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Lorde.
28. What did you want and get? My best friend decided to homeschool her kids. It's only for this year, but it's been nice having more homeschooling buddies!!
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Catching Fire was a great movie, but Gravity totally took my breath away. So glad I saw it in the theater!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 33. We took a quick little trip to Chicago with B&E and I got a bunch of house stuff I'd had on my wishlist. Best birthday ever!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being healthier and stronger.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? I call it "The Stuffed Sausage" look. It's when you gain 10 pounds but are too cheap and stubborn to buy new clothes so you go around wearing ill-fitting clothes and hoping no one notices how dumb you look. True story.
33. What kept you sane? Prayer and journaling.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None, unless you count Ron Paul. But he’s not a celebrity – he’s the real deal.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? No one issue, just lots of little things I keep reading about that make me wonder where in the world we're headed.
36. Who did you miss? Friends. Again. It's hard to maintain friendships when I feel so run-down all of the time!
37. Who was the best new person you met? Neighbors. Really cool neighbors who know neat stuff and don't mind sharing their knowledge with us!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013: I've learned that we can only do so much. We only have so much. All we can do is develop our relationship with Him and let everything flow out of that. He takes our little and makes it big.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: " I will stay should the world around me fold,
Lift up your name as the darkness falls.
I will wait and hold fast to your word,
Heart on your heart and my eyes on you." Stay and Wait by Hillsong United
Post a Comment